Friday 12 December 2014

'What a beautiful way to die - as a falling star' screenprint for Gallery 1988

I've got a new screenprint in the Gallery 1988 group show Crazy for Cult 8 in LA.  'What a beautiful way to die - as a falling star' is a three colour print inspired by the John Carpenter movie 'Dark Star' which coincidentally is being screened at the BFI in the next few weeks as part of the 'Sci Fi: Days of Fear and Wonder' season.  I've been luck enough to see 2001 and Alien there already and Dark Star is equally as good.  Well maybe not quite but I've loved it since I was a teenager (which is more than can be said about the other two; way too slow for the 15 year old me...) so Pinback et al have a special place in my heart.  

So if you're in LA go to the exhibition.  And if you're in London go see Dark Star on the big screen and marvel at the joyous special effects and beards.


No comments: