Thursday 24 July 2014

BRIT Kids Illustration and Printmaking

I've been teaching Illustration and Printmaking for a year now and we had our summer exhibition a couple of weeks ago; it was great to see all the students on show.  During the year I managed to incorporate screenprinting, linocut printing, monoprinting, rubber stamping, book binding, zine making, Photoshop for illustrators, comics, mask making, editorial illustration, t-shirt design (a screen-printing collaboration with Fashion) and illustrative type into the lessons and lots more besides.  It was a joy to do and although I'm going to enjoy a summer of not having to get up of a Saturday morning I'm already started thinking about all the new stuff we can do in September. 

Here are a couple of pics from the show and I've also included a poster with details of all the Visual Arts and Design courses for children and teenagers aged 8 -15.  I'm obviously biased but BRIT Kids is amazing and I can't recommend it enough!




No comments: